Eventus Patient Transport Control System at National Ambulance Service
The National Ambulance Service introduced a new solution in the area of patient transport and ambulance dispatch. Within the framework of the latter the Patient Transport Control System based on Fornax’s Eventus platform was realized.
The National Ambulance Service introduced a new, state of the art solution in order to enable more efficient flow of information and quicker work flows in the areas of ambulance dispatch and patient transport. The Patient Transport Control System based on the Eventus platform of Fornax was implemented within the framework of the installation of the Ambulance Dispatch System.
The goal of the Patient Transport Control System is a nationwide logistics support for patient transport, ensuring the efficient participation of the Ambulance Service in the process of patient transport, supporting the optimal usage of resources within patient transport, and enabling the financer of patient transport (social security) to verify the expenditures of patient transport.
The application can be accessed via
- a thick client installed on the computers of employees controlling patient transport or
- the requesters of transport (doctors and their representatives) can access it via the web with the help of a so-called thin client.
The Patient Transport Control System supports the following processes:
- Entry of patient transport request
- Tracking the status of patient transport requests (GUI for the requesters)
- Overview of patient transport tasks (GUI for controllers)
- Planning of patient transport tasks and their manual assignment to patient transport companies or specific vehicles
- Support of entering recurring patient transport tasks
- Closure of patient transport tasks
- Analysis of patient transport tasks
- Map display of patient transport tasks
- Automatic assignment of patient transport tasks, route optimization
These features are aimed to facilitate work flows that are as effective and as transparent as possible. The new software support optimal decision making – while not discarding the option of human reflection.
Client: Tigra Computer- és Irodatechnika Kft.
Technology: MX programming language, Oracle database
Timespan: October 2013. – August 2014.